Tuesday 10 September 2013

Artist Influences

My Main Influences are from the artists :

These artists are very different and each one has a different way of working and how there finished pieces are finished. This gives me a wide range of influences and different ways to experiment with my designs. I choose these four artists because each one has a unique way of working. Making each piece completely different.


This David Carson piece is a typography based piece making it very interesting and unique. This piece caught my eye because it is a mix of block colour and typography which makes the design stand out alot more to me then his other pieces. David Carson is one of my favourite designers.

                                 
Nina Chakrabarti works in a very different way to the other artists drawing. She works with patterns and lots of colour but yet in some pieces she only uses black and white to make it contrast completely.


B0130 is a graffiti artist who is well known for his style which, is completely out of the ordinary, he uses dark colours to compliment his work and makes certain objects stand out from the piece.
Michael-Craig Martin uses a single line style which I find really interesting because his objects stand out so much. When he makes a darker or thicker outline to make it stand out more you know that object is obviously more important to the artist/designer them and doesn't use much white space.




Neil Hipkiss, Probably my favourite artsist... He has the same interests as me. "Aviation" I love how every single painting that he does, is pretty much life like. This means that each peice is extremely detailed and to be honest. I would love to be able to paint like this because it is so detailed, but I intend to have a go at working in this way because it has influenced me to 'pay attention to detail'.



I love Harry Malt simply because he draws all over walls. Nah im just kidding, I love his work because it is his illustration style which really catches my eye. Since I saw these for the first time I have always wanted to do something like that on a wall or something like that, I think it would be a great thing to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment